● Hardwood. In and of itself, hardwood floors can hardly be called a trend.
Color is the hardwood trend story for 2018: If your flooring installation includes hardwood, know that this year it’s all about dark tones that move away from the warmer undertones (like red and orange), and go toward the cooler ones, like brown. If you want your floors ultra dark, go for stains like ebony.
Wide planks and real parquet wood floors will also be big in 2018.
● Laminate. Many people choose a laminate flooring installation because, while it simulates the look of hardwood, it doesn’t come with sticker shock prices. Basically you need to be up-to-date on hardwood trends, so you can match it. These include dark woods, gray woods, geometric designs, unique patterns and distressed textures.
● Luxury Vinyl and Vinyl Sheet. Luxury vinyl can also simulate wood planks or tiles.
● Carpet. Design enthusiasts who are also “green-savvy” about the environment, will love recycled carpet. What that means is that items, such as plastic bottles, are recycled into carpet fibers and then woven into thick, pile carpets.
Another trend is the carpet tile, and why this is so popular as a flooring installation is because people can mix and max to create their own design, and “customization” is one of the buzzwords for 2018.
● Tile. If you want to make your own design, you’ll have an assortment of big, bold colors and patterns; here comes that “customization” word again.
Tile also comes in porcelain planks that can also resemble hardwood, but since it’s tile, it’s 100 percent impervious to water, making it perfect for high-moisture level rooms where hardwood is desired, but not possible.
Carpet World experts can help you create your own unique design, and we make it as easy and stress-free as possible to shop by bringing the showroom to you. Our mobile showroom services all of the Ft. Worth/Dallas area and surrounding communities.