Tips from Carpet World for Finding the Flooring That’s Right for You:
● Consider the room in which the flooring installation is to take place. Some rooms have more natural light than others, and that can make colors look slightly different. If you decide, say, on a carpet installation, remember that Dallas can be pretty sunny. It’s always a good idea to bring samples home to hold up in the room, to see exactly how the finished result will look.
● Do you want natural or synthetic fibers? Synthetics, like nylon, polyester, olefin and Triexta, tend to be a little more stain resistant than natural fibers, but there is a natural one, wool, that’s especially stain-resistant; the wool has natural oils that repel dirt.
● What style do you want? Frieze, Berber, Saxony?
● Go to Carpet World in Dallas to make your selection. They have a fully stocked mobile showroom with all kinds of flooring, so you can make your selection without leaving your home.
● Never skimp on installation, especially when it’s carpet. It can be tempting to save money by doing it yourself, but all flooring, especially this type, really does require special set of skills and tools.
You’ll also save money in the long-term; if you have to buy tools, they’ll be a retail cost; professional installers pay wholesale. Also, if you make a mistake or damage the rug, it may not be covered by the warranty, since there are often strict guidelines set by the manufacturer as to how it’s to be installed.
Speaking of not skimping, remember that carpet padding is ultra-important, because it is the foundation of any great installation.
What if I Want Hardwood?
This flooring is also elegant, and the requirements for a great installation are the same, only you’d also have to figure out species and colors.
Call for an appointment to have the Carpet World mobile showroom visit you. We serve Dallas, Fort Worth, Flower Mound, Frisco, McKinney, Lewisville and surrounding areas.