On the other hand, wood really adds a natural beauty to your home and, as long as you take care of it properly, it’ll last for decades.
Both are gorgeous, both add a lot of style to your home, and both have distinct advantages.
● It comes in a lot of colors, style and patterns, so you can really make a design impact.
● You can extend carpet’s life with regular vacuuming and a steam cleaning at least once a year. By the way, it’s a myth that carpet exacerbates allergies and asthma. While the fibers attract pollutants, they remain trapped until steam cleaning, which eliminates them entirely.
● It can act as a noise barrier and is, of course, warmer in winter.
● You’ll have fewer overall color choices than you would with carpet, but the sensational color undertones can be used to create a breathtaking design contrast.
● It does last longer than carpet. A hardwood flooring installation will last for years (we’ve heard of it lasting sometimes as long as 100 years), as opposed to the 10 to 15 for carpet. Hardwood floors usually just need a refinishing, as opposed to a total replacement.
● It adds to the value of your home; real estate agents around the country have found that buyers will often pay as much as 10 percent more for a home with wood floors.
● Wood floors are a good choice for the allergy-prone. Just sweep or vacuum the pollutants away.
When it comes right down to it, the choice will be determined by your lifestyle and design preference. For carpet in Dallas, or any flooring installation, call Carpet World and let us bring the showroom to you; serving Dallas, Fort Worth, Flower Mound, Frisco, McKinney, Lewisville and surrounding areas.