At Carpet World, we know shopping for any flooring can be overwhelming, whether the installation is a rug or a hard surface, such as hardwood.
- Stairs: You have two concerns with this space: durability and safety. This is a very heavily trafficked area, with people and pets constantly running up and down.
Also look for a low pile, as something plush and fluffy won’t support the foot properly and you’ll skid.
- Living room: Is the living room is used for guests or is it the center of family activity? If it’s the former, the priority will be style and looks only, such as a Shag, Moroccan or Frieze. Perhaps this would be the ideal time to select the all-natural wool rug. Don’t be intimidated by the off-white color; it has natural oils that automatically repel dirt.
If the family uses it, you’ll want something with more durability and stain resistance.
- Entranceway: Another busy area, a synthetic with excellent stain resistance would be best. It might also be a good idea to place a mat outside so people can wipe their feet off before coming inside.
- Dining room: Spills are bound to happen, and food is going to get dropped. You also need to think about chairs that are constantly pulled and pushed to reach the table. A low pile or flat weave would be best.
Alternatively, Fort Worth, you could think of another type of flooring installation for this room, such as hardwood layered with area rugs.
- Bedroom: The need here is for a foot to step down on something fluffy and plush first thing in the morning so go for it and select a Shag, Frieze or Velvety Saxony.